Thursday 9 February 2012

The Pianist...






The Pianist is one of the movie that we have to watch for our Critical Literacy subject. For me, this is a very interesting movie. I feel interested to watch the movie after I heard about the title, "The Pianist".I keep thinking what is the relation between The pianist and jews but after watching the movie I can understand better.This movie is directed by Roman Polanski and the main actor is starring by Adrian Brody. Roman Polanski is a French-Polish film director, producer, writer and actor. He is very talented and had been nominated for 5 times in the Oscar Award. The Pianist have won three awards including Best Director and many international awards.Other than The Pianist, he has directed other films such as Knife in the Water, Repulsion, Rosemary's Baby, Chinatown, Pirates and Frantic. 



This a the picture of Roman Polanski in Paris, November 2011



Basically, The Pianist is slightly different from other movie because this movie is a true movie about World War 2. The turmoil that really happen during that time are clearly shown in the movie. As the audience, I feel like I am the one who is the victim of the Jewish. It is really touch my emotion when the people there have to suffer like that. They have been killing and German Army treat them like an animals thus their right as a human have been taken away.






The scene above is the scene that I love the most in this movie. For me, it is like a climax in this movie. It shows how the actor life can be save by just playing the piano. Besides that, it change my perception about the German army because all this while I always think that they are very cruel towards others but in this movie, the captain of the Wehrmacht, Wilm Hosenfeld (Thomas Kretschmann) let Władysław Szpilman (Adrien Brody) to stay in the attic of the building and even brings him food regularly. This prove that not all the people is cruel, there are also someone that really can be helpful. So,we cannot look into negative things only and we should try to be neutral. We have to look deeply about the certain things before making a conclusion. Don't just the books by it's cover.


1 comment:

  1. YES, I agree with you.. Not all people are bad . Sometime maybe their action or behavior make us feel like urghh..it was so bad but in the reality, they have to do it as they as been given an order from the authority. We cannot just simply judge other people based on their acted cause sometime what we seen was a lie

    ReplyDelete